Nordic Africa Institute is currently accepting applications from motivated and suitably qualified candidates for African Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme. The Programme is to provide opportunities for early career researchers based in Africa.
An opportunity for early career researchers in Africa to pursue their own research projects in the fields of Social Sciences and Humanities. The scholarship offers access to the Institute’s library and other resources that provide for a stimulating research environment.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Nordic Africa Institute
Host Institution(s): Nordic Africa Institute
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters & PhD
Nationality: International Students
African Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme | DETAILS
The purpose of the African Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme is to provide opportunities for early career researchers based in Africa to work and develop their on-going research at the Nordic Africa Institute. The scholarship offers access to the Institute’s library, hosting by the Institute’s researchers, networking opportunities and other resources that provide for a stimulating research environment.
Through the programme, the Nordic Africa Institute aims to contribute to building capacity in the production of knowledge about Africa, and to promote and establish relations with and between African and Nordic research communities.
To be eligible for African Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- The scholarship programme is directed at early career researchers based in Africa and engaged in Africa-oriented research.
- The research topic should be within the disciplines of Social Sciences and Humanities, and with a focus on contemporary Africa.
- The research should also be relevant to the core principles of the UN Agenda 2030
The programme is open to two main categories of early career researchers:
- Staff full-time employed by an African-based university or research centre who are enrolled on a doctoral programme in the African region and who do not have access to an international scholarship
- Postdoctoral researchers (within 5 years or less of PhD completion).
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants seeking for African Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme should Apply online and upload the following documents:
- Up-to-date CV, including list of publications (if available online, please include links)
- Outline of research project, 5 pages:
- A well elaborated research proposal
- Work plan, 1 page:
- The plan should be specific for the time spent at the Institute, including research objectives and expected results
- Reference: A signed letter of support from the applicant’s Head of Department or other senior scholar in the same field, which confirms current work place/affiliation and field of research
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Persons currently or previously employed by or otherwise professionally affiliated with the Nordic Africa Institute are not eligible for scholarships. Kindly also note that the application must be in English. In the extraordinary event that the Scholarship Programme for 2024 does not receive full funding, applicants will be informed immediately.
It is also possible to apply through regular postal service. For more information contact [email protected]
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023