Coimbra Group Universities Scholarship Program for Young African Researchers is open for applications from suitably qualified candidates who wish to enrol in the program.
The Young African Coimbra Group Universities is available for doctoral candidates from universities in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Coimbra Group
Host Institution(s): Coimbra Group Universities, Belgium
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: African Students
Coimbra Group Universities Scholarship Program | DETAILS
Coimbra Group Universities have been providing, since 2008, young researchers from universities in Sub-Saharan Africa with the opportunity to spend a short period (generally 1 to 3 months) at a Coimbra Group University to carry out part of their research there.
To be eligible for Coimbra Group Universities Scholarship Program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants should provide the name and contact details of an academic supervisor in the receiving Coimbra Group University who will supervise their work during their stay abroad. If you do not have any contacts, we suggest you visit the website of your chosen institution or get in touch with the contact person whose email address is indicated in the brochure. The Coimbra Group Office is not in the position to provide assistance in this.
- All applicants are requested to provide a letter/e-mail of acceptance (to be submitted together with your application) written by the academic supervisor from the host university where you would like to carry out the proposed working plan. The letter should state that the supervisor is willing to work with you in case you obtain a Coimbra Group Scholarship.
- Applicants can select one institution only. Multiple applications from the same candidate will be rejected.
- Please fill in your application form only when you have all the data available (i.e. name of and letter of acceptance by supervisor at Coimbra Group University, etc.). Incomplete applications will be rejected, no exceptions will be made.
- The dates of your stay should be agreed upon between the applicant and the academic supervisor at the Coimbra Group University. Typically, this will be during the academic year 2023/2024.
- Eligible countries: all African countries except Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, and Tunisia (applicants from these countries are eligible under the Scholarship Programme for Young Researchers from the European Neighbourhood).
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants seeking for Coimbra Group Universities Scholarship Program for Young African Researcher should fill and submit application form online.
Incomplete applications will be rejected, no exceptions will be made. Please fill in your application form only when you have all the data available (i.e. name of and letter of acceptance by supervisor at Coimbra Group University, etc.)
Application Deadline: Not Specified