Applications are now being accepted for the 2023/2024, 2024/2025 scholarships awards for the DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) open to candidates from developing countries to study in Germany. DAAD EPOS Scholarships are awarded to foreign students from developing and newly industrialised countries to study for Masters or PhD degree in Germany.
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Host Institution(s): A state or state-recognised German university
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship Value/Benefits (below)
Study Level: Postgraduate (Master/PhD)
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Nationality: Foreign Students (from Developing/Newly Industrialised Countries)
DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) Scholarships 2024 | DETAILS
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
- Who can apply?: Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience from the following countries: list of eligible countries
- Eligible Courses: Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany that are listed on the “List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines 2023/24”.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family.
How-to-Apply: For specific application requirements, proceed here and click on ‘APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS’ or APPLICATION PROCEDURES’ then select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application. It is advisable to see the EPOS brochure 2023/24 (PDF) and EPOS brochure 2024/2025 before to continue with your application
Application Deadline: Varies